Wednesday 3 February 2010

Wind Generator Motors

I am working myself to create a wind generator for my backyard power station.
It is just going to be small so that the neighbours won't complain but I am still hoping to get about 600/700 Kwh per year.
The thing I am not so sure about is the Generator-Motor people talk about using these gym stepping machine motors but these seem to be in very short supply [used] and high demand. Lots of people favour Modern Alternators from scrap cars which seems like a good idea but I don,t like the RPM they seem to need to start Producing decent voltages.
I fancy using a car starter motor, I know its going to be heavy but it must be very strong and designed to work at a low RPM plus of course it comes with decent mounting points and very heavy duty windings.
If you are interested in Wind Generators you might like to look at my web site http://www.alt-tecs.com/windgeneration.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment