Tuesday 2 February 2010

Intro

Hi

This is my first blog and my first post so don't get too excited.

I have had a lifelong interest in DoItYourself also known as DIY, frequently because if I did not DIY I could not afford to do whatever it was I wanted to do.
I suspect that a few of you are nodding your heads in agreement.
But you will probably also agree that DIY moves on from being a necessity to being a much enjoyed hobby and a source of great pleasure.

It's not just the substantial savings its the satisfaction gained from knowing exactly what you have done and why it is not working.

I also have a wide range of interests and one of my particular interests is Alternative Technology. In other words cheap, successful, methods of obtaining Heating, Lighting and Electrical Power, with the minimum involvement of Big Business.

looking back I suppose you could have guessed all of this from the Blog title.

I think I will enjoy working on this Blog and I really look forward to any contributions, advice and assistance.

Mecford






No comments:

Post a Comment